Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Grandfather's family...

Lately, my Panola County, Texas ancestors have been the focus of my research efforts. Although I've been researching my family history since June of 2006, I've come to realize that there is so much more to uncover about my Panola County roots.

My Maternal Grandfather, the late Tharner James Pipkins (1924-2001) was born and raised in the community of Bethany near DeBerry, Texas (located on the Texas & Louisiana state lines). My main focus is to share what I have found over the course of my research concerning his Paternal & Maternal ancestors some of whom have been in Panola county since it's formation in 1846. I also plan to document other African-American families from the area.


The family of Marcellus Pipkins Sr. 
   (photo from the collection of Linda Golden)

                 


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely family picture. Welcome back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to have you & your Ancestors back on the blog Terrence! There's something special about this channel that seems to redeem & set our Ancestors free in a whole new way! As you know, I'll be watching & reading! Welcome back!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrence, Great Post and welcome back! Your challenge is really progressing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete